This amazing project caught my eye ! Just check out the spec’s … containers – green houses – graywater – gardens – solar – Bert calls this the “Bio Diverse Farm” – check it out
Click on photos to enlarge
Send us your projects!
Also CLICK HERE FOR “THE CONTAINER VIDEO”
This Design project might interest you. The main points are:
Southern Gulf Islands, British Columbia
2 acre plot, gentle slope to SE
Winters Wet, Summer very dry limited ground water
Climatic zone 6-8
Today I listened to an hour long webinar from the EPA on their new Water Sense program.
Here’s the top 8 things I learned…
- Between 1950 and 2000 US population doubled and water usage tripled
- 36 States are expecting water shortages
- Water usage ranges between 100 and 350 gallons per day
- $500 Billion is needed over 20 years to upgrade water infastructure
- Leaks could add up to 1 Trillion gallons per year – fix em !
- 70% of water used indoors 30% outdoors
- 50% of outdoor water wasted
- Look for the “Water Sense” label on your products
Brad Lancaster is an author, lecturer and practioner of Green Building practices with an exceptional knowledge of Rain Water Harvesting.
I heard him lecture in Ojai a few years ago and he changed my thinking of how to work with the land !
You can buy his books here!