Its Solar Decathlon time again !
I love this annual competition. Crazy ideas – experimental – cutting edge – out of the box (as they say!) – weird – fun – they say if you want to learn and be creative – you should take things apart – turn them upside down – backwards – shatter ideas and then put it all together. Well that’s what they do here. Watch all 20 of the competitors entries and I guarantee you will get an education. Watch with an open mind and remember – we are looking for new stuff here!
Press play to watch the SCI-Arc video. Right in my back yard – SCI-Arc is cutting edge and a little bit Hollywood too!
Solar Decathlon Teams
The 20 university-led teams that design, build, and operate the competition’s solar-powered houses are the heart of the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon. Learn more about each of these teams competing in Solar Decathlon 2011:
- Appalachian State University
- Florida International University
- Middlebury College
- New Zealand: Victoria University of Wellington
- The Ohio State University
- Parsons The New School for Design and Stevens Institute of Technology
- Purdue University
- The Southern California Institute of Architecture and California Institute of Technology
- Team Belgium: Ghent University
- Team Canada: University of Calgary
- Team China: Tongji University
- Team Florida: The University of South Florida, Florida State University, The University of Central Florida, and The University of Florida
- Team Massachusetts: Massachusetts College of Art and Design and the University of Massachusetts at Lowell
- Team New Jersey: Rutgers – The State University of New Jersey and New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Team New York: The City College of New York
- Tidewater Virginia: Old Dominion University and Hampton University
- University of Hawaii
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of Maryland
- The University of Tennessee.